Strawberry Charlotte Recipe
Preparation Time: 1 hour // refrigerate: overnight|
- Lemon Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp gelatin
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 22 ladyfinger cookies
- Purée 4 cups of strawberries in a food processor and strain.
- In a pan, bring 1/4 cup of water with sugar and lemon juice to a boil, stir until sugar is dissolved. Add remaining water.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let bloom for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of strawberry sauce, 3/4 cup of sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the gelatin has dissolved. Let cool and stir in the remaining sauce.
- In a bowl, whip the cream with the remaining sugar and the vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold in strawberry mixture. Set aside.
- Line the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper. Use a separate strip to line the side.
- Cut each ladyfinger into 3" pieces. Dip the smaller leftover cookie pieces in the syrup and cover the bottom the pan.
- Dip the 3" pieces into syrup and place them upright along the inside of the pan, flat side in.
- Fill the pan with strawberry mixture and garnish with strawberries.
- Refrigerate 8 hours. To serve, remove springform and tie a ribbon.