Baked Apple Roses Recipe
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes|
Servings: 12 apple roses
- 3 apples
- 2 sheets puff pastries, thawed
- 6 tbsp apricot preserves
- 4 tbsp water
- juice 1/2 a lemon (approx. 2 tbsp)
- icing sugar
- Slice the apples in half from top to bottom, remove the core ends and then scoop out the core in the center. Slice into very thin slices.
- Fill a medium sized bowl half full of water and squeeze the lemon juice into the water. Place the sliced apples in the water and microwave for 5 minutes until slightly tender. Drain the apples into a colander.
- In a separate bowl, mix the apricot preserves and 4 tbsp water together in a bowl.
- When pastries are thawed, place them flat on a floured surface. Roll the pastries out with a rolling pin the flatten just a little more. Cut each pastry into slices about 3" wide (6 slices from each pastry).
- One at a time, spoon apricot preserve mixture onto a slice of pastry. Place 7-9 apple slices along one half of the pastry slice with the peel side facing out. Fold the pastry in half to cover the apples. Starting on one end, roll the pastry and apples to the other end of the pastry. Place in muffin tin. Repeat for remaining apples and puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375F, not directly against the burner, for 40-45 minutes.
- Top with a little powered sugar and serve.