Blueberry Pie Recipe
Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes|
- pie dough
- flour, for rolling
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp coarse sugar
- 6 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Prepare pie dough, divide in two halves.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a bowl, combine filling ingredients: blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice.
- Roll out the pie dough and fit into 9" plate, leave 1/2-3/4" for overhang. Pour filling into pie plate.
- Roll out remaining pastry; either slice into 3/4" slices to create latticed effect, or spread the whole pastry over the filling, leaving 3/4" overhanging.
- Whisk egg yolk with water, then use it to brush the rim. Seal the trim.
- Brush the remaining egg wash over the top, sprinkle with sugar. Cut steam vents using a butter knife.
- Bake at 425F for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and bake until bottom is golden and filling is bubbly, 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool, and serve!